Busola Dakolo Gives Update on Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo
Celebrity photographer, Busola Dakolo on Thursday, gave an update on her rape allegation against the founder of Commonwealth of Zion, COZA, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo.
Busola, who is the wife of popular Nigerian singer, Timi Dakolo, disclosed that the police have completed their investigations regarding the rape allegation against Fatoyinbo.
In a post on her verified Instagram page, Busola said the police passed the information to her, adding that the matter has been the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation, DPPP, for legal advice and further action.
The mother of three also disclosed that the Ministry of Justice has confirmed receiving the case file for Fatoyinbo’s prosecution.
She, however, decried the silence of the Ministry upon receiving the case file against Fatoyinbo.
According to Busola, her legal team wrote the Ministry over a month ago and no response yet.
She wrote: “It is now officially one year after since I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. That was when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me.
“Awareness is victory. But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice.
When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood.
What they didn’t know, however, is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice.
“Today, I have a major update. The police have concluded its investigation. And handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer. But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence!
“We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response.
Recall that Busola had in June last year opened a can of worms on how the COZA founder raped her in Kwara State when she was a teenager.
In November 2019, Justice Justice Oathman Musa of an Abuja Federal High Court had ruled that the allegation against Fatoyinbo amounted to injustice and an abuse of judicial process.
Tola Johnson, Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Micro Small and Medium and Medium Enterprises(MSMEs), says 100,000 small businesses will get N50,000 each.
NAN reports that the gesture is part of COVID-19 economic stimulus.
The presidential aide made the announcement at the inauguration of the Implementation of Survival Fund and Guaranteed Off-Take Stimulus Schemes for MSMEs on Thursday in Abuja.
Johnson, the Project Coordinator, said that the schemes were part of the Economic Sustainability Plan drafted by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo-led committee and approved by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“The Payroll Support targets 100,000 businesses. However, the number of individuals who will benefit from this is 500,000. What the government has done is to say that there a lot of MSMEs that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown.
“Afterward, there is a CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission) free registration; it is free for the MSMEs but the government is paying the CAC for this. What the government has done is to say to the CAC, you do this regularly to the MSMEs at about N12,000 or thereabout; give it to us at half price, we will give it to the MSMEs free.’’
Johnson added that under the National MSMEs Clinic, Osinbajo and the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment went to no fewer than 26 states.
He said it was discovered that very creative businesses were not registered.
“They will tell you they don’t have N10,000 to N12,000 to register their businesses. The government had promised that at some point, we will do and I think the opportunity has come now; the opportunity cannot be better than now.’’
The official also announced that under the Survival Fund, the last strap would be the Transport and Artisans Support.
At least 333,000 beneficiaries will get a one-off N30,000 grant, Johnson said.
He added that the government will work with associations, individuals and the Ministry of Transportation to implement the scheme.